Further information about The Old Chapel
The Manchester Crematorium was first opened in 1892 and was only the second in this country at that time. The Old Chapel is the original chapel at The Manchester Crematorium, it is the larger of the Two chapels on site and seats 120 people.
The Old Chapel features a magnificent Regent Classic Organ featuring a complete chorus of stopped flutes.
The Old Chapel also features a Basilica-style arched vault with several beautiful stained glass windows.
The chapel is provided with , iPod or iPhone (with jack or headphone connection) and the Wesley Media System in addition to the organ and is fitted with a hearing loop.
Services can be relayed outside if required.